I found that I need to concentrate a lot and go back to my notes. I guess it is very similar to learning any language – you need to learn your vocabulary and grammar!
The first session was about the very basics:
- Typing my name: “Carolin” <- the quotation marks are vital. Without them you get an error message
- Finding out how many letters there are in my name: “Carolin”.length
- Do basic maths, such as 2+2 (needs no extra programming)
- Confirmation window to make the programme more interactive: confirm (“message“); same with alert windows: alert (“message“)
- Creating a variable. This is so the programme remembers things, e.g. my name: var MyName
- Variables are case-sensitive, and to assign a variable you use the equal sign. var myName = “Carolin”
I wonder how much time is estimated for each session. Does anyone know of any guidelines?