We’ll see if I achieve this much…. The main thing I’m waiting for this week for my friend to read my complete-ish portfolio and voice opinions. Then I know how much more work there is to do (hopefully).
Rough plans for next week and the weeks after that:
- re-read all the stuff I’ve written for the n-th time – I think nearly all of my evidence pieces are done now. I still need to write about a workshop I’m running in the week beginning 21 January.
- add to learning outcomes for each piece of evidence – definitely need to elaborate! This will come out of feedback from my friend
- write the personal evaluative statement – I have a contents page ready now, so that will help
- merge everything into one Word doc – what font’s best to use?
- send stuff to mentor for approval
By the way, I know I have ranted about the Pathway 2 thing a lot (I won’t link to previous posts here – if you read them you’ll know ;)) but I have come to the conclusion that it’s great that Pathway 2 allows people who have a degree in another discipline to achieve chartership without having to go through the ACLIP process first. I still don’t quite agree that foreign librarianship degrees fall under this category but I can even see the rationale behind that now (yes, amazing myself too!)